In that light I am very pleased to point you towards a great on-line resource for information about healthy sexuality. Whether or not you are a survivor of sexual trauma who is trying to figure out how to get comfortable with sex again, or someone who is struggling with a pornography addiction, or a couple looking to improve your sexual connection this youtube channel has something for you. The youtube channel is owned by the Center For Healthy Sexuality in Los Angeles, California. The director, Alex Katehakis, has also written a great book called Sex Addiction as Affect Dysregulation which is due out very soon.
I strongly recommend taking a minute to browse the videos available on this amazing channel. Some of the ones that caught my eye were:
- Center for Healthy Sex - What Is Healthy Sex
- A Buddhist Perspective on Sex -- A CHS Webinar with Noah Levine
- Mother Enmeshed Men -- A CHS Webinar with Doug Sorensen
- Boundaries-- Alex Katehakis
- Healing from the Aftermath of Infidelity -- A CHS Webinar with Dr. Tammy Nelson
- Mis-Matched Libidos -- A CHS webinar with Neil Cannon
- Developing Sexually Healthy Children Through Respectful Parenting -- A CHS webinar with Marcus Earle
- Betrayal and Relational Healing - CHS webinar with Marnie Breecker
- Introduction to the Complex Partner Trauma Model -- A CHS webinar with Hope Ray
- Sex Addiction as Affect Dysregulation-- lecture by Alexandra Katehakis
- SHAME Part 4: The Signs of Love Addiction
But there are MANY more videos on this website and new ones being added regularly. So take a look! Whether you are partnered or single, young or old, gay or straight (or anywhere in between) sex is part of the human experience. We all need healing and many of us need healing in some of our sexual selves. I encourage you to be curious about how some of these resources might help you.
As always I also encourage you to consider therapy if you feel that you are stuck and in pain.
Best wishes for your sexual, emotional, physical and relational health,
If you have found this information helpful or interesting please click on the "like" button below for Facebook, the "tweet" button for Twitter or leave a comment. Thanks!